In 1997 a new garden in the centre of Farnham, designed by the Surrey
Gardens Trust, was opened on the site of a derelict swimming pool which
had been built to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897.
The arched entrance designed by local architect, Harold Falkner, was restored.
This was the result of collaboration between the Surrey Gardens Trust,
the Farnham Swimming Baths Trust, the Friends of the Victoria Garden and
Waverley Borough Council. The garden was designed to be easy to maintain
and to appeal to all ages. It is maintained by the Friends of the Victoria
Garden and is regularly used by local play groups, office workers eating
their lunch and the elderly from adjacent sheltered housing.